Monday, December 16, 2013

Winter Solstice

Today is a crisp and blue December morning. I want my writing to be just like this: boundless and open and crystal clear. Winter solstice is my birthday, and this year I am celebrating the joy of words. I love to draw and paint, but now recognize that words are the medium I have always chosen first. Words are in my old diaries, journals and sketchbooks. Words have always been integral parts of my various jobs and words made up the poem first published when I was 9. Words float around me at all times and I think of them as prized possessions. Words flow out of my mouth, I gulp them down to eat and I watch them twinkle a little longer until they are defined. When I listen I am always gifted with as many words as I can snatch out of the air.  Today I paint with a fully loaded palette wherever I am whenever I want and with as many colors as I choose.




No comments:

Post a Comment